Friday, November 24, 2023

"When The Smoke Clears," by Lynette Eason

 "When The Smoke Clears," by Lynette Eason


After a brush with death due to equipment failure, smokejumper Alexia Allen is ordered to take time off while the incident is under investigation. She makes a last-minute decision to recuperate at her mother's home and attend her high school reunion. Yet trouble seems to be following her, and within hours of arriving home she is confronted with murder, arson--and a handsome detective.

But the conflicts ahead are nothing compared to the ghosts of her past. As she struggles to accept and forgive her family's past, she must also decide if the secret she's been guarding for the last ten years must finally come to light.

This book is the first book in the "Deadly Reunion," series.  Now it looks like the author has republished this series, as they first came out between 2012 -2015.  I didn't read them back then, but I am going to have to read the rest of the series now; because you will not get the answers to all your questions in this first book.  The story must continue on right through the series.

I will say I was a bit bummed out, when I got to the end of the book and still had no idea who was "pulling the strings," with all the problems.  I will say I figured out who one of the "bad people" were early on.  The way the story develops it really sucks you in and you have to keep on turning the page to see what happens next.

I kept thinking to myself though I am so glad I wasn't Alexia, as she had a busy few days when she arrived back home from Washington!!  I would have gone into hiding, if I had, had that many attempts on my life...LOL

Stars out of 5 : 5 This story kept me glued to the book, as I did have to know what's going to happen next.  Lynette writes with such detail and passion, you know you're in for a great read.  Now I will have to go and borrow the next two books from the library to see who/what is behind all this mayhem!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell , a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...