Friday, November 24, 2023

"On Moonberry Lake," by Holly Varni

"On Moonberry Lake," by Holly Varni


Cora Matthews's life is a mess. A broken engagement and the unexpected death of her mother have left her wondering if things will ever return to normal. Whatever "normal" is.

It certainly isn't what she finds at Moonberry Lake. After she receives her family's dilapidated lakefront lodge as an inheritance--with a surprising condition attached--Cora finds her life overrun by a parade of eccentric neighbors who all have something to say and something to teach her.

As Cora works to put her life back together, she must decide if she is willing to let go of the past, open her heart to love, and embrace the craziest version of family and home she could ever have imagined.

Oh my, this book was such a good book, I was so sad when I finished it.  It was a delight, the characters were so relatable.  You were drawn into the small town charm.  I loved the local newspaper entries; which by the way are a thing of the past in our area........our local newspapers have all closed.

Living in a small town can be a curse and a blessing, and this book showed you why.  If you have lived in a small town you could probably relate.....I know I could.

I couldn't pick out a favourite character as they all had such likeable traits that you fell in love with each one, time after time.  As an added bonus, there are even recipes for things mentioned in the book!

This book is the first in a series of books centred around Moonberry Lake and I for one can't wait for the next one to be published.

Stars out of 5 : 5 I would give it 100 if I could, I enjoyed it that much.  This book shows you despite different personalities, we all need someone and even the most different people can gel together to make a family.  Such an enjoyable book, well worth picking up and reading.

P.S. If the author reads this review, I do hope you do a book all about Widgy!!

 "Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell , a division of Baker Publishing Group".


1 comment:

  1. I will probably read this book. It sounds like the community where I live.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...