Monday, July 21, 2014

"Love Comes Home," by Ann H. Gabhart

"Love Comes Home," by Ann H. Gabhart

When the flush of victory fades, there remains a winding road to an uncertain future.
World War II is finally over and the people of Rosey Corner are joyfully welcoming the boys home. The Merritt sisters in particular are looking toward the future. Kate is eager to start a family and live out her dream of happily ever after with Jay. Evangeline craves a beautiful house and encourages Mike to pastor a big-town church. Victoria wants what can never be. And Lorena is growing up and wondering more and more about her birth family.

Each sister must learn to hold her plans with a loose hand, trusting that God will guide and strengthen them as they share the joys and sorrows of life in their little corner of the world.


I have this love/hate relationship with Ann Gabhart's novels.  I always find them so difficult to sink my teeth into, but as long as I persevere I am usually rewarded with a fulfilling book to read.  This one was no different from the rest, took a while to get hooked, but once hooked didn't want to put it down.

It is a book where you will need a tissue to wipe away a tear or two as you are sucked into the Merritt sister's lives.  I don't feel it is necessary to read Ann's prior books about Rosey Corner as you will be able to figure out what is going on.  I think of all the sister's it was Victoria's story that interested and captured me the most.

Stars out of 5 : 4 I just wish Ann's stories were easier to get involved with from the get go.  I find it hard work when I start reading a book by her and I'm not sure why.  I would be interested to see if anyone else has this issue?  I don't think the story of the Merritt sister's has ended I hope Ann will continue on with their lives in another book?

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite booksel
ler from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...