Friday, April 29, 2022

"The Master Craftsman," by Kelli Stuart

 "The Master Craftsman," by Kelli Stuart


In 1917, Alma Pihl, a master craftsman in the House of Fabergé, was charged to protect one of the greatest secrets in Russian history--an unknown Fabergé Egg that Peter Karl Fabergé secretly created to honor his divided allegiance to both the people of Russia and the Imperial tsar's family. When Alma and her husband escaped Russia for their native Finland in 1921, she took the secret with her, guarding her past connection to the Romanov family. 

Three generations later, world-renowned treasure hunter Nick Laine is sick and fears the secret of the missing egg will die with him. With time running out, he entrusts the mission of retrieving the egg to his estranged daughter, Ava, who has little idea of the dangers she is about to face. As the stakes are raised, Ava is forced to declare her own allegiance--and the consequences are greater than she could have imagined.

This book has a bit of everything in it; mystery, suspense, romance, action, history, fabulous jewels and artifacts.  It was so good I read it in one sitting/day!  I could not put it down.  It was a page turner right from the beginning; I HAD to know what happened next.

There were twists and turns right until the very end of the book.  Some I guessed; others were surprises.  Even the going back and forward between the past and the present, which normally annoys me; it was written in such a way that I never minded it.

Stars out of 5:5 I would give it 100 if I could, it was that good.  It was so well researched and the details were so spot on that I would love to visit St. Petersburg to see everything.  I have to say I have always loved the Faberge Eggs so that too was good to read about.  A very talented writer, I must look into her other books she has written.

 "Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell , a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...