Thursday, August 16, 2012

"To Love and Cherish," by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller

"To Love and Cherish," by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller
Melinda Colson has been waiting months for Evan, the assistant gamekeeper at the Bridal Veil Island resort, to propose. Without an offer of marriage, she must return to Cleveland with the family she works for as a lady's maid.

Evan isn't afraid of hard work, and he hopes to be promoted soon. He wants to marry Melinda--but not until he's sure he can support her and a family.

Letters strengthen their romance until a devastating storm strikes the island. With no word from Evan, Melinda knows she must journey back to Bridal Veil in search of her beloved.

But the hurricane isn't the last calamity to shake up Bridal Veil. Melinda finds a new job on the island, but still no offer of marriage comes her way. Has she given her heart to the wrong person? Will she ever find a man to love and cherish?


Confession first.  The only reason I got this book is I read the first one in the series; this one is the second.  It didn't really appeal too me, but I figured as I had read the first I should keep on with the series.  So I was in no rush to read this book, but when I picked it up I couldn't put it down, as I loved the book.

It has so many twists and turns in it, it keeps you wanting to read more and more.  Then you think you know "who dun it," only to discover you're wrong. 

One of the lessons to be learned in this book is whatever sort of relationship you are in, you both must make your wishes known what you want out of your lives together and what plans you have, so it doesn't cause confusion.  One thing that would have helped in Melinda's and Evan's relationship.

Stars out of 5 : 5  I really enjoyed this book despite me not being that keen on reading it!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...