Monday, January 23, 2023

"Everything is Just Beginning, " by Erin Bartels

"Everything is Just Beginning, " by Erin Bartels

When guitarist Michael Sullivan gets kicked out of his band (and his apartment), landing a record deal seems an impossible dream. And nothing about Michael's prospects points toward a better future. Until the invitation for a swanky New Year's Eve party shows up in the mailbox. It's addressed to his uncle, with whom he shares both name and living space, but his uncle is going out of town . . .

On the effervescent night of December 31, 1989--as the Berlin Wall is coming down, the Soviet Union is falling apart, and anything seems possible--Michael will cross paths with the accomplished and enigmatic young heir to a fading musical dynasty, forever altering both of their futures.

I honestly had no idea what to expect with this book.  I almost didn't choose it to review; but decided to give it a go.  I read the first couple of chapters and even thought, no this one isn't for me, but decided to read a couple more chapters.  I am so glad I did, because this book turned into quite the page turner.  I had to know what happened next.  I sat up late one night reading half the book, then picked it back up the next morning and didn't move until I had finished the book.

What a talented writer Erin is, I was impressed with all the song lyrics she wrote in the book.  They help the storyline in a way of getting into Michael and Natalie's head.  This book is about moving forward, forgiving past grievances and knowing what you want in life.  It's set in a time where people are not glued to their electronic devices and they have to communicate!

Stars out of 5 : 4.5 It took me a couple of chapters to get sucked into the storyline, but once I was in, I was in too stay.  There could be a part two to this story in my opinion, as there is plenty of stories that could be told about Michael and Natalie; but where it left off was in my mind perfect.  

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell , a division of Baker Publishing Group".

1 comment:

  1. I love to find a book that I can't put down! I will check to see if the library has this...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...