Monday, July 12, 2021

"At Lighthouse Point," by Suzanne Woods Fisher

"At Lighthouse Point," by Suzanne Woods Fisher


Blaine Grayson returns to Three Sisters Island with a grand plan--to take Camp Kicking Moose to the next level. Her dream starts to unravel when she discovers Moose Manor's kitchen has been badly remodeled by her sister, Cam, who doesn't know how to cook. Added to that blow is the cold shoulder given by her best friend, Artie Lotosky, now a doctor to the unbridged Maine islands.
 
As old wounds are opened, Blaine starts to wonder if she made a mistake by coming home. Little by little, she must let go of one dream to discover a new one, opening her heart to a purpose and a future she had never imagined. 

I really enjoyed this book.  It moved at a pace to keep you interested.  I will say my favourite character had to be Jean Paul; poor Jean Paul!😄 I think he could have a book written just about him.  This is the first book I have read in the Three Sister's Island Series.  So I need to go back and read the first two.  This book works as a stand alone book as well though, so no worries there.

The whole Grayson family are such a great bunch and the way the author describes everything and everyone, you feel as though you are right there with them.  After reading this book, I feel as though there are stories left to be told, and I hope there are more books to be added to this series.

Stars out of 5 : 5 Perfect summer book.  I read it over a couple of days and I was sad to see it end.  This book made me laugh, made me fall in love with the characters, and made me want to visit Maine!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell , a division of Baker Publishing Group".


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great summer read!

    Thanks for the visit. I'm a little late jumping on the DT Nordic Mug train, but happy to have this fun one (with an infuser!) in my collection! I've been keeping an eye out on the DT semi-annual sale, but haven't checked out my cart yet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...