Sunday, October 13, 2013

"The Long Awakening," by Lindsey O'Connor

"The Long Awakening," by Lindsey O'Connor



The riveting true story of a life-threatening coma, a miraculous awakening, and the long quest to regain what was lost.
The day our baby came into the world was the day I left. A day that began all smiles and excitement and anticipation and joy ended with running and panic and blood and tears. And then coma.

I lay suspended in the deep, my newborn unknown. Nothingness. Layers where dark pulled from below, light called from above, and me, trapped in between, longing to break the surface.

To live.

Forty-seven days later when I first saw my husband's face leaning close to me, I knew where, and who, I was. But other things took much longer to know. Learning to restitch life--and love--when everything's changed, and finding who we are afterward, can be the longest journey of all.

I'm Lindsey O'Connor, and this is the story of my long awakening.

This is an interesting real life story, something that you will probably never hear of again.  It is well worth the read; though I do question some of the statements made.  Also was this a miracle?  I am not fully sure of that.  Though the question why God saved this lady and did not save others is a very valid question.

Stars out of 5 : 3.5  I would try and read this book in big chunks as it will make more sense, than picking it up and reading a few pages here and there.  It's well worth the read and I'm glad I read this book.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...