Thursday, March 26, 2020

"Secrets of My Heart," by Tracie Peterson

"Secrets of My Heart," by Tracie Peterson

Portland, Oregon, 1879

Nancy Pritchard finds herself widowed and with a world of problems when her deceased husband's shady business schemes start to come to light. As she sifts through the shadowed memories of their loveless union, Nancy realizes there is a lot she didn't know about the man she married.

Seth Carpenter, a childhood friend of Nancy's, has recently returned to Portland and is delighted to see her again. As a lawyer, he offers to help her sort through the legal ramifications of her husband's death. But there is more to Seth than meets the eye, and his job will take him into the dark side of Nancy's husband's life--a side she didn't even know existed.

As the two search for the truth behind her husband's death, a mutual attraction creates complications. When Nancy's own life is threatened, can Seth be honest with her about who he really is and why he's come back to Portland? And can Nancy bear another betrayal?

I read this book during the Covid-19 crisis and will say it was a perfect book to read during that time as it was one of those light hearted books that didn't need you to concentrate too hard on.  Although I like Tracie's books, I didn't find myself going over the story in my mind after I read it.  If I really enjoy a book I tend to mull over the story afterwards.

The main characters of Nancy and Seth were well suited for one another.  One thing that was stressed throughout the book was the social etiquette of the day and what was acceptable and what wasn't.  

Stars out of 5 : 3.5  There are no real surprises in this book.  You sort of know what is going to happen early on.  However it was a book that relaxed me.  This is the first book in the Willamette Brides series; the second one is due out in June 2020.  I am sorry to say I probably won't be rushing out to read it.



"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your thoughts..........

"The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies

 "The Hidden Palace," by Dinah Jefferies 1925.  Among the ancient honey-coloured walls of the tiny island of Malta, strangers slip...